Posted on 13 November 2006.
The 2007-2009 Family Literacy Library Services
grant applications are now available online
from the Division of Library Development. The deadline is March 15, 2007
. This two-year grant is available to public libraries and library systems and will cover the period from June 1, 2007-June 30, 2009. Projects must include components for families, including parents and/or caregivers and young people, ages birth to 18. The range of funding for each of the two years is $10,000-$50,000. The purpose of the grant is to enable public libraries and their community partners to offer programs, services and materials to encourage family literacy activities, help families use the public library as an integral part of their student’s academic success and develop models for planning, evaluation and community needs assessment.
With grant funds, you may purchase
* library materials for children and/or parents
* project equipment
* project personnel
* contracted services (planning, publications, project assistance)
* evaluation and reports to foster replication
Funds may not be used
* to replace funds for existing programs
* for building modification or construction
* for overhead and administrative costs
For full information on this grant program, see the Division of Library Development website.