Libraries may request up to $1000. A total of $4000 is available for the program. This competitive grant may be used to provide equipment, materials, or programs for people comprising the following categories:
– older adults;
– people with visual, mental, or physical disabilities;
– geographically isolated people;
– educationally disadvantaged people;
– people who are unemployed and in need of job placement;
– those confined to an institution;
– members of ethnic or minority groups in need of special services.