>Dates and Locations:
Friday, October 23, Saratoga Springs Public Library
Friday, December 4, William K. Sanford Town Library, Colonie
Are you interested in teaching children and families to be energy smart? Increase your energy IQ in this interactive, hands-on program! Explore energy basics – energy forms and sources, energy efficiency, and renewable energy – and learn techniques for integrating energy into educational programs for students in Grades K-6.
These FREE workshops are open to school and public librarians and offer the following:
– FREE curriculum aligned to the New York State Learning Standards
– FREE posters, student worksheets, and annotated bibliography materials
– Professional development credit
– Substitute stipends for school librarians
Additionally, once you’ve attended a workshop, you gain access to additional resources & opportunities:
– FREE Energy Smarts newsletter
– Applications for $500 education grants
– Teacher and student competitions
– On-line resources and access to information on what is new and exciting in the world of energy!
For more information, contact 1-877-NY-SMART option 6 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, please visit http://www.getenergysmart.org/EnergyEducation/WorkshopDetails.aspx?type=Course&co=15