The successful candidate will be the primary contact for external and internal relations and inquiries regarding the library, will oversee the management and supervision of the library and its personnel, community relations, facilities and collection management. The position requires collaboration with professional and volunteer leadership as well as patrons on a daily basis.
Major responsibilities include:
* Manages library office, patron services and the library collections
* Supervises building services and administrative oversight for all personnel.
* Supports and develops library programs for the community
* Administers and manages the Library budget cooperatively with the Trustees
* Cultivates relationships and collaborates with the Board of Trustees.
* Provides timely professional guidance and information to the Trustees
* Serves as the primary contact for outside vendors and contractors
* Attends Board of Trustees meetings
* Represents the Library at appropriate professional and state organizations
* Is the “face” of the Library with Cobleskill Richmonville District.
Master’s degree in Librarianship or Library Science from accredited college or university
Must be eligible for or possess a New York State public librarian’s professional certification
Has sufficient experience to perform the responsibilities of the position
Acceptable review by the Schoharie County Civil Service Office
Provide a satisfactory current background check.
For a complete job description and information about the application process, please see the Shoharie County Civil Service site at http://www.schohariecounty-ny.gov/CountyWebSite/Personnel/JobAnnouncements.jsp or contact: Schoharie County Personnel Department, P.O. Box #675, Schoharie, NY 12157, (518) 295-8374. E-mail : email@example.com
Please note: Completed Application for examination must be submitted no later than August 31, 2011.