Become a vital part of the future of library services in the Mohawk Valley!
The Board of the Mohawk Valley Library System (MVLS) is seeking an energetic and skilled Executive Director to work collaboratively with staff, board, member libraries and the library community after the December retirement of a 12 year incumbent. MVLS serves the 14 public libraries and 9 branch libraries in Fulton, Montgomery, Schenectady and Schoharie Counties with service headquarters in Schenectady, New York.
Successful candidates should demonstrate experience in:
- fiscal management and budgeting;
- personnel administration
- library technology;
- short and long range planning.
Additional leadership skills preferred:
- Interact and collaborate with outstanding listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empower others and provide leadership and direction to achieve system goals.
- Build member libraries’ capacity to meet evolving needs and challenges of their communities.
- Explore sustainable solutions for library system service and member library resources.
- Advocate powerfully at the state and federal levels and nurture local library advocacy efforts.
- Master of Library Science (MLS) degree or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Hold or be eligible to hold a NYS Public Librarian Certificate.
Eight (8) or more years of professional library experience (post MLS), at least two years of which shall have been in an administrative and management capacity.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the unique relationship between local libraries, library systems and state regulations in New York State. Public library experience preferred.
Salary: $70,000+. Generous benefits including NY State retirement system.
Deadline: January 10, 2012. Application materials (cover letter, resume, and three professional references) must be electronically transmitted to MVLS at email@example.com. For more information about MVLS, please visit www.mvls.info