Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Time: 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Place: Online at http://infopeople.org/training/leveraging-technology
This webinar will review the benefits of technology for young children, the types of technology available, and how to incorporate the technology into your library. Find out how libraries can play a role in enhancing early literacy technology experiences and the importance of promoting technology for all ages.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will understand:
- the debate over technology use for young children
- how technology can be used to enhance early literacy
- the types of early literacy technology available
- how early literacy technology connects with Every Child Ready to Read 2
- the libraries role in offering early literacy technology
This webinar will be of interest to all library staff serving children and youth, as well as library managers.
Webinars are free of charge and registration is only done on the day of the event on the WebEx server. No passwords are required. Visit http://infopeople.org/training/leveraging-technology on April 24 to join in. Webinars are also archived for viewing at a later date.