NYLA is holding its fifth annual “SnapShotNY: A Day in the Life of a Library” initiative Monday, January 13, 2014 through Friday, January 31, 2014. MVLS encourages all member libraries to participate. Take pictures. Record short videos. Let everyone in NY know why our libraries are so essential.
Also, collect statistics for one day in your library.
- Patron visits
- Number of public computer sessions
- Reference questions answered
- Number of children at programs (including school visits as well as library-sponsored programs)
- Number of adults at programs
- Total circulation for the day
- Website hits
Submit your statistics via this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SnapShot2014. Photos should be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org as you take them. The deadline for submitting statistics and photos is January 31.
Further details, including promotional logos and posters, can be found at www.protectnylibraries.org.