Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Time: 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Place: Online at https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=406
Presenter: Jamie Campbell Naidoo
Does your library serve lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) families? Do you know how to design displays, programs, services, and collections inclusive of these Rainbow Families? How do you select high-quality children’s materials representing Rainbow Families? Where can you find information about successful children’s library programs that welcome Rainbow Families?
This webinar will help library staff establish a basis for understanding the informational and cultural needs of children and adults in Rainbow Families while exploring the best resources for collection development and program planning.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify informational needs of children and adults in Rainbow Families
- Describe how to make the library welcoming for Rainbow Families
- Evaluate culturally appropriate materials representing Rainbow Families
- Plan programs and outreach services for Rainbow Families
- Locate high-quality children’s materials and professional resources related to Rainbow Families
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on the InfoPeople page. If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. All webinars are archived for later viewing at http://infopeople.org/training/view/webinar/archived.