Date: Friday, April 10, 2015
Time: 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Place: Online at https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=486
Presenter: Morgan Pershing and Heather Cousin
If you’re not planning to offer an Adult Summer Reading Program, WHY NOT? Adults are people, too, and having a Summer Reading Program is a great way to show them your library cares. Did you know participants in Adult Summer Reading Programs:
- Have families who also participate?
- Are looking for ways to stay active and involved?
- Become library advocates?
- VOTE for Library funding?
Now that you know why you should have a program, join Santa Clara City Library Librarian, Morgan Pershing and Simi Valley Public Library Director, Heather Cousin, as they share the nuts and bolts of creating a successful Adult Summer Reading Program at your library. During the webinar, Morgan and Heather will discuss:
- How to start a program for first timers, including how to encourage your administrators and fellow staff to support your effort
- How to enhance your existing program
- How to develop affordable programming
- How to target adults
This webinar will be of interest to Adult Services Librarians and anyone curious about Adult Summer Reading Programs.
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button on the InfoPeople page. If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event. All webinars are archived for later viewing at http://infopeople.org/training/view/webinar/archived.