The Upper Hudson Library System (UHLS) has a challenging opportunity for a creative library professional to join our team. We are a cooperative library system headquartered in Albany, NY, providing services to enhance, support and connect the 29 independent public libraries in New York’s Albany and Rensselaer Counties.
Our new colleague will collaborate with UHLS staff and our member libraries to provide System services focusing on:
- adult services support and continuing education
- e-content collection growth and management
- resource sharing services (delivery, inter-library loan, etc.)
- outreach services
We are looking for a professional who:
- is passionate about public library service
- is ready to be a strong leader in helping our member libraries make a difference in their communities
- understands and seeks to further the important role public library systems play in strengthening library service
You should be able to demonstrate through your skills and experience:
- the ability to plan and organize multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
- resourcefulness and creativity as an approach to both relationship building and problem solving
- the ability to work effectively with other people in a variety of situations
- a confident and effective public presentation style
- an awareness of current trends in public library services, especially in digital collections and resource sharing
- engagement in professional organizations and activities
You must have:
- an MLS/MSIS degree from an ALA accredited institution; and
- a New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate; and
- a valid driver’s license; and
- at least 5 years of relevant professional experience working in a public library, two years of which must include supervisory responsibilities.
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, including participation in the NYS Retirement System. The starting salary range for this position will be $58,000-$63,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references via e-mail to email@example.com. The review of applications will begin on June 8, 2015, and continue until the position is filled.