The Middleburgh Library seeks an enthusiastic public service desk clerk/programming assistant who is excited at the opportunity to work in our busy Main Street library.
The individual in this position must enjoy working with people of all ages, have excellent customer service skills and a good sense of humor!
Weekly hours: 4:30-8:30 on Monday, Thuesday and Thursday evenings at the public service desk & 4 hours of flex time to assist with programming. 16 hours per week. Rate of pay is $9.00 per hour.
Job Responsibilities Include:
– Providing direct service to adults and children at the public service desk.
– Assisting the public in using computers, equipment and electronic resources.
– Checking in returned library materials.
– Handling fines and fees.
– Processing materials for the library collection.
– Shelving library material.
On the job training will be provided under the supervision of higher level personnel. In addition, this individual will assist the Library Director with the creation and facilitation of library programming including:
– Scheduling and updating the online calendar.
– Updating facebook and other social media outlets.
– Creating pathfinders and other book selection materials.
– Creating content for a programming newsletter and a bi-monthly newsletter.
– Other projects as assigned.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Two years experience working with the public in a customer service position, preferably in a library.
– Familiarity with libraries and knowledge of popular literature trends is preferred.
Review of applicants will begin on November 26th. Please send a resume and cover letter to:
323 Main Street
PO Box 670
Middleburgh, New York 12122