START WITH SCIENCE KITS
Science Programs for Children Ages 4 and 5
- Kits may be borrowed by libraries, preschool, daycare and school providers in Fulton, Montgomery, Schenectady and Schoharie counties.
- Kits check out for fourteen (14) days including delivery and return to member libraries. Check with public library for delivery schedule.
- Kits may not be renewed.
- Only one kit may be borrowed at a time.
- Kits may be reserved by calling Mohawk Valley Library System (MVLS), (518) 355-2010 or through the MVLS catalog (Search Start With Science Kit)
- Kits may be picked up at any public library in the MVLS system. A valid library card from a MVLS library is necessary for checkout.
- Items in kits are not intended to be used as toys for a single child’s entertainment, but are to be used by an adult to promote science and reading readiness in a group setting. There are pieces in the kits which must be handled with care.
- Damage and loss of kit materials will be assessed and charged according to impact on future use of kit. Replacement costs include a service charge.
- Some kits contain consumable supplies that must be supplied by borrower. Consumable supplies are listed under kit contents.