Fire Truck, Hand Pumper, 1848. Location: Fort Hunter Engine and Hose Co.
Inc. Main Street, Fort Hunter, NY 12069.
This is a 1848 hand pumper, used for fighting fires. This is one of the first pieces of fire fighting equipment. The pumper was built by L. Button Co. in Waterford.
Grateful acknowledgment is made to the Fort Hunter Engine and Hose Company for permission to include an "Antique Fire Truck" .