- 2-1-1 Northeastern New York
Call 211 to answer confidential questions about Human Services in these counties: Fulton, Montgomery, Schenectady, Schoharie, Columbia, Greene, Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Washington, Warren, and Hamilton. Operators are available 24/7 to refer information about agencies and organizations that can help you.
- Domestic Violence Information Center-Schoharie County
Resources and information to empower and make informed decisions.
- Human Services Directory for Fulton and Montgomery Counties
Maintained by the Mental Health Association in Fulton and Montgomery Counties, this listing offers directory information for human services agencies and organizations.
- Fulton County Office For The Aging Online Service Directory
Offers information for older adults in general as well as those who need long term care services.
- Schoharie County Human Services Coordinating Council
Organizations and agencies for human service needs in Schoharie County. Meeting information, directory, and available programs.
- Rural Assistance Center
Funding and information guides for rural health and human services needs, by state. What is considered rural?
- American Library Association – Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services-Resources
Many resources for library services to a variety of outreach populations.
- Spanish in Our Libraries
Library services in Spanish including the Dewey Decimal System, outreach, signage, library vocabulary, and more (see left-hand side of page).
- Language Tools – Google
Search Internet sites written in foreign languages or translate text or sites from one language to another. Choose an Internet interface in another language or visit the Google site in another country. There are many from which to choose.
Persons With Disabilities
- Universal Design New York
Easy to use visual guidelines showing universal design concepts.
- Autism Training and Resources for Libraries
This video offers specific techniques for more inclusive service. Many additional resources for libraries are included.
Visual and Physical Disabilities
- New York State Talking Book and Braille Library
Provides talking books, books in braille, magazines, music scores and language learning materials, equipment, and other special format materials to eligible borrowers in New York.
- Learning Ally
A collection of digitally recorded textbook and literature titles, downloadable and accessible on mainstream as well as specialized assistive technology devices. Fee based membership.
- WMHT’s RISE Program
Radio information service for people who are print disabled. A free special radio receiver is required for access to readings of local and national newspapers, popular periodicals, books and specialty programming. It is available 24 hours a day.
Learning and Reading Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
Types of learning disabilities and resources for parents, adults, educators and professionals.
- LD Online
Information about all kinds of learning disabilities for adults and children.
- Irlen Institute
The brain may be unable to accurately understand and process visual information causing reading problems under various lighting conditions. The Irlen method uses color filters to help with this type of reading difficulties. Go to top of the website page for change of background color. Self-assessment test and location of testing centers included.
Digital Literacy and Connectivity
- Digital Learn
Curated resources to teach digital literacy, includes materials in English and Spanish.
- Affordable Connectivity Program
Program supported by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide discounted internet connection services to eligible households.
Job and Career Resources
General Resources For Job Seekers
- Career Zone
Explore career options related to your strengths.
- University at Albany – Interviewing
Tips for interviewing.
Job Seeking Resources
- New York State Department of Labor
Job Bank for jobs throughout New York State
- New York State Department of Civil Service – Job Seekers (select)
State Examinations, Local Government Examinations, Veterans and People with Disabilities, and Student Internships. Test guides and resource booklets.
- Career One Stop Centers
One Stop Centers, ReEmployment Tools, Training, Job Search
- Schenectady County Public Library
- New York State Library – Career Resources
Career resources from libraries across New York State.
- The Daily Gazette
- The Leader-Herald
- The Recorder
Scroll latest editions for help wanted.
- Times Union – Jobs
- ALA / Proliteracy Action Agenda
- TASC / HSE (formerly GED) – New York State Education Department
- Literacy New York – Fulton, Montgomery and Schoharie Counties
- Literacy New York – Adult Career & Continuing Education Services
- Keys To Engaging Older Adults @ Your Library
- Compare Nursing Homes
- NYS Office for the Aging
- Health Insurance Options for Seniors
- Medicare Rights Center